To be admitted into any department of HTTTC Kumba the candidates must meet the following qualifications:
- First Cycle candidates must have FOUR (4) papers in the GCE O/Level and two (2) papers in the GCE A/Level (excluding Religious Studies) or Probatoire and Bac. However, for some specified options, candidates who have obtained the HND corresponding to the options are allowed to do only the third and final year of the First Cycle. The Candidates must be successful in the Common Entrance Examination into the College.
- Second Cycle candidates must have a first degree (and any other relevant certificate).
- The college offers two sets of programmes which meet international standards. These are the First Cycle programmes and Second Cycle programmes. Some departments offer both First Cycle programmes and Second Cycle programmes but other departments offer only Second Cycle programmes.
- First Cycle programmes are offered to candidates with the GCE Advanced Level or Bac. The programmes last for three academic years. The certificate obtained after completion of studies is an Under-graduate Diploma for Teachers of Technical Education (DIPET I).
Second Cycle programmes are offered to candidates who have first degrees. The type of degree required will depend on the option chosen. The programmes last for two years. The certificate obtained after completion of studies is a Post-graduate Diploma for Teachers of Technical Education (DIPET II).
HTTTC Kumba has the following departments:
- Administrative Techniques
- Civil Engineering and Forestry Techniques
- Computer Science
- Electrical and Power Engineering
- Guidance Counselling
- Management Science
- Mechanical Engineering
- Renewable Energy
- Science of Education
- Social Economy and Family Management
- Topography and Real Estate Management
- Tourism and Hospitality Management