This program seeks to offer a thorough grounding in Food Technology, to those who want to obtain a qualification in the field of Food Technology.
The bachelor of technology program in Food technology aims at:
- Enhancing students’ knowledge and practical skills in the field in both public and private sector businesses and non – profit – making organizations.
- Enhancing students’ ability in managerial control and communication skills in food Industries.
- Equipping students with techniques and skills of designing, manufacturing and maintaining food products needed at all levels of a modern society.
PROFILE OF STUDENTS
Candidates aspiring to undertake training for the award of the bachelor of technology in, should be holders of the Higher National Diploma (HND) or BTS in Bakery and Food Processing, Food Technology or any other recognized equivalent certificate such as DIPET I in Home Economics.
Fees per academic year three hundred and fifty thousand francs (350 000Fcfa)
Upon completion of the training, graduates can aspire for the following responsibilities and job opportunities in the public, private and nonprofit making organization.
- Teachers of technical and general secondary schools.
- Food Technologist
- Managers in Food Industries and companies
- Governmental controller in food safety and Regulation applications.
LANGUAGE OF INSTRUCTION
The language of instruction is English