The Master in Renewable Energy is a flexible course, providing advanced training in Renewable Energy for students with an undergraduate qualification in Electronics, Electrotechnics, Renewable Energy, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration, Scientific University Master’s degree or Equivalent.
This Master is 120 credits, two year full-time award mode.
The energy power industry is presently experiencing what has been described as the most revolutionary (and exciting) set of technological changes. Apart from environmental pressures that demand a revised portfolio of energy resources, utilities are anticipating the development of a so-called “smart grid” that promises new opportunities for efficient and reliable use of energy power. The skills that energy power engineering (Renewable Energy) is therefore designed using a combination of relevant topics in mathematics, computer science, communications in addition to electrical engineering topics on power system modeling, analysis, design, transients, production, power generation, transmission, and distribution and the integration of renewable energy sources in electric power grids.
Entry into the program is opened to applicants with a first degree or a postgraduate diploma in the following disciplines: Electronics, Electrotechnics, Renewable Energy, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration, Scientific University Master’s degree or Equivalent.
The Master’s program in Renewable Energy enables the acquisition of the following competences and employment opportunities
Fees per academic year six hundred thousand francs (600 000Fcfa)
- 2 years for Bachelor Degree Students
- 1 year for DIPET II students
- Production, distribution and consumption of electric energy.
- Climate Engineering
- Control of the energy, new and renewable energies’ demand
- Energetic issues management
- Responsible management of the company
- Successfully apply advanced concepts of electrical and power electronic engineering to design and develop electric/electronic hardware systems for effective renewable energy conversion, control and power deliver
Managerial and entrepreneurial Competences
- Elaborate a strategical plan
- Create an innovative company in the electricity or energy sector
- Draft a dossier to submit to markets.
- Carry out a financial analysis for an investment decision-making process.
- Manage a project team
- Ensure the administrative and financial follow up of an electric and energetic development site.
- Conception, installation, maintenance, sale
- Installation management, head of production, distribution, sale
Compulsory courses: 90 credits hours
Internship: 6 credit hours
Seminar: 4 credits hours
Master Thesis: 30 credits hours