The Bachelor of Technology in Renewable Energy is a flexible course, providing training in Renewable Energy for students with an HND or BTS qualification in Electronics, Electrotechnics, Renewable Energy, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration, Scientific or Equivalent.
This program is a one year course of 60 credits.
The energy power industry is presently experiencing what has been described as the most revolutionary (and exciting) set of technological changes. Apart from environmental pressures that demand a revised portfolio of energy resources, utilities are anticipating the development of a so-called “smart grid” that promises new opportunities for efficient and reliable use of energy power. The skills that energy power engineering (Renewable Energy) is therefore designed using a combination of relevant topics in mathematics, computer science, communications in addition to electrical engineering topics on power system modeling, analysis, design, transients, production, power generation, transmission, and distribution and the integration of renewable energy sources in electric power grids.
Entry into the program is opened to applicants with an HND / BTS or an equivalent certificate in the following disciplines: Electronics, Electrotechnics, Renewable Energy, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration.
- Production, distribution and consumption of electric energy.
- Climate Engineering
- Control of the energy, new and renewable energies’ demand
- Energetic issues management
- Responsible management of the company
- Successfully apply advanced concepts of electrical and power electronic engineering to design and develop electric/electronic hardware systems for effective renewable energy conversion, control and power deliver
Managerial and entrepreneurial Competences
- Elaborate a strategical plan
- Create an innovative company in the electricity or energy sector
- Draft a dossier to submit to markets.
- Carry out a financial analysis for an investment decision-making process.
- Manage a project team
- Ensure the administrative and financial follow up of an electric and energetic development site.
- Conception, installation, maintenance, sale
- Installation management, head of production, distribution, sale
Fees per academic year three hundred and fifty thousand francs (350 000Fcfa)
Language of instruction
The language of instruction is English.
Two (02) Semesters (One year)
Course Requirements: 60 Credits
- Course work : 48 credits
- Internship : 04 credits
- Dissertation: 08 credits