IATA (International Air Transport Association) and B.Tech
Is an industry recognize qualification, International air transport and tourism training program.
Foundation in travel and Tourism
It has the following values:
- Industries leader of international travel professional training
- Worldwide recognition and acceptance
- Over 30 years of training experience
IATA was introduced in 1972 to meet up with the changes in the growing travel and tourism industry. It reflects both the changes and opportunities and assist you in preparing yourself for a successful dynamic and exciting industry.
The foundation in travel and tourism course is the first of the three diplomas level. By studying this course and successfully completing the examination, you will be qualify with the foundation in travel and tourism diploma and entitle to use the letters DTTF (Diploma in Travel and Tourism Foundation) after your names. This gives you an entry in the travel and tourism industries worldwide.
- This program is ideally positioned at the center of the industry
- focus on industry priorities
- Gives an opportunity for career development based on skill building and career progression
- Qualification based and learner friendly
Everyone having the zeal to excel in the travel and tourism industry is eligible. It is also recommended for entry-level managers, middle management level in travel and tourism industry. Agency back office staff, agency business and future business owners. Nonetheless, the foundation level requires a minimum of the GCE A/L, HND, DIPET I or its equivalence. A basic knowledge of Mathematics, English and geography will be of added advantage.
NB: Candidates applying with the GCE A/L, at the end of the study obtain just the AITA diploma and an attestation were as with HND, DIPET I or equivalence you get both a B.Tech and the AITA diploma.
Fees is per academic year One million francs (1.000.000 FCFA)
Careers and Opportunities
- Any travel and tourism organization
- Personnel manager in big offices and organizations
- Business owners (Travel Agencies…)
Duration of Study
Two semester (1 year)