To train qualified, innovative and competent counsellors serviceable to schools and the community.
The mission of the Department is to equip graduates with common core knowledge, skills, and abilities as well as the specific skills and knowledge unique to the practice of professional, and school counselling. These standards of training and preparation represent the foundation for the profession of guidance counselling for technical and technological education at secondary and higher education as well as the world of work.
- To provide specialized training in guidance and counselling to the graduates.
To prepare graduates for undertaking counselling work in educational institutions and other organisations.
- To make available trained counsellors for special needs such as counselling exceptional children, families, disadvantaged persons and for inclusiveness.
- To provide knowledge, training and skills for planning and executing research both of theoretical and practical significance in the field of guidance and counselling.
- To provide training in psychological testing and interpretation and also its applications.
Degree Offered: Professional Master’s in Guidance and Counselling (DIPCO)
- 2 years for Bachelor Degree Students
- 1 year for DIPET II students
Description of Degree
Students will be introduced at postgraduate level to professional, core and complementary courses while harping on the multidisciplinary nature of the training all in a critical approach. The practical dimension of the training will prepare the future counsellor for the diversity of contexts that s/he will be faced with, an understanding of the different types of learners and the wider world of work (within the public or private sectors).
Fees per academic year six hundred thousand francs (600 000Fcfa)
Admission conditions: Be holders of the first degree (Bachelors’ degree, Licence) in any field, the Social Sciences, Humanities and related disciplines (Law, Management, etc.).
Graduates shall be employed as counsellors within the educational sector such as ministries with a career development vocation (Elementary Education, Secondary Education, Higher Education, Labour and Vocational Training, Public Service, Health, Social Affairs, Women’s Affairs and the Family), agencies (National Employment Fund-FNE, National Civic Agency for Participation), schools (primary schools, secondary schools and colleges, vocational training centres), tertiary education institutions (universities, professional schools, private higher education institutions, confessional centres, penitentiary centres, security and judiciary institutions ) and human resource management offices of public, private and non-profit organizations as well as international organisations such as UNESCO, UNICEF, WHO, UNRA, etc.