To provide graduates with a strong foundation in theoretical and practical aspects in Building and Structural Engineering
Enable graduates to be able to:
- Manage a construction project as foreman
- Conceive and design structural elements and interpret state-of-the-art architectural designs.
- Supervise concreting processes and test the strength and suitability of construction materials.
- Conduct and interpret survey measurements
- Carry out accurate interpretation of technical data and prepare bills of quantities, specification and tender documents
- Carry out maintenance, improvement and redesign of existing structures
- Select materials and propose suitable construction technologies for new projects
- Ensure quality assurance and safety of workers at construction sites
- Design simple water and waste water, solid waste schemes and distribution networks
PROFILE OF STUDENTS
Candidates aspiring to undergo training for the award of the Bachelor of Technology in Building & Structural engineering must be holders of one of the following: DIPET I in Building Construction or Woodwork, The Higher National Diploma (HND), BTS in Civil Engineering or any related field of study.
Fees per academic year three hundred and fifty thousand francs (350 000Fcfa)
Upon completion of the programme, graduates can aspire for lucrative opportunities in the private or public sector as:
- Building Construction Engineers
- Road Construction Engineers
- Architectural Engineers
LANGUAGE OF INSTRUCTION
The language of instruction shall be English.
Two (02) Semesters (One year)
Course Requirements: 60 Credits
Course work: 48 credits
Internship: 04 credits
Dissertation: 08 credits