|Programme||Master of Technology in Electrical Engineering|
|Award Title||Master of Technology in Electrical Engineering option: Electric Power Systems|
|Period of Study||4 Semesters|
|Offering Faculty/School||UB Graduate School|
|Credit Units Required for Graduation||120|
|Programme Coordinator||Prof. Akume Daniel Akume|
LIST OF POTENTIAL TRAINING PARTNERS
- Energy of Cameroon
- Electric Development Corporation
- Cameroon Development Corporation
- Brasseries du Cameroon, ALUCAM
The Master of Technology Electrical Engineering in Electric Power Systems is a flexible programme, providing advanced training for students a Bachelor’s degree or postgraduate diploma in Electronics or Electrotechnics or Equivalent.
This Master is 120 credits, two year full-time award mode.
The electric power industry of Cameroon is undergoing expansion as more hydro-thermal and renewable energy power plants are being developed to cope with growing national demand for electrical energy. The development, commissioning and operation of the new power plants will requires trained in electric power systems. The master programme in Electric Power Systems will therefore train the required manpower and reduce dependence on expatriate staff in this area. The training programme is designed using a combination of relevant topics in mathematics, computer science, energy economics, engineering project management, engineering leadership, entrepreneurship in addition to selected topics in electric power systems.
Entry into the program is opened to applicants with a first degree or a postgraduate diploma in the following disciplines: Electronics or Electrotechnics
Fees per academic year six hundred thousand francs (600 000Fcfa)
- 2 years for Bachelor Degree Students
- 1 year for DIPET II students
The Master programme in Electrical Engineering with options Energy and Power Systems and Renewable Energy enables the acquisition of the following competences and employment opportunities
- Production, distribution and consumption of electric energy from conventional and non-conventional sources
- Climate Engineering
- Load flow and fault analysis
- Energetic issues management
- Responsible management of the company
- Successfully apply advanced concepts of electrical and power electronic engineering to design and develop electric/electronic hardware systems for efficient management of energy consumption
Managerial and entrepreneurial Competences
- Elaborate a strategic plan
- Create an innovative company in the electricity or energy sector
- Draft a dossier to submit to markets.
- Carry out a financial analysis for an investment decision-making process.
- Manage a project team
- Ensure the administrative and financial follow up of an electric and energetic development site.
- Conception, installation, maintenance, sale
- Installation management, head of production, distribution, sale
Compulsory courses: 90 credits hours
Internship: 4 months
Seminar: 1 seminar paper per semester
Master Thesis: 30 credits hours