The Bachelor of Technology program in GEOMATIC ENGINEERING AND GEOINFORMATION aims at providing a strong foundation in theoretical, practical and design aspects of the Specialty. The curriculum covers areas of SURVEYS and GEONFORMATION under the broad categories of Civil Engineering and Surveying.
On completion of this program, the student should be able to;
- Function as a foreman of a construction project
- Produce and interpret good Surveying engineering.
- Supervise concreting processes and carry out test on construction materials.
- Management of site works.
- Interpret and carry out survey, measurements.
- Preparation of bills of quantities, specification and tender documents in surveying project.
- Selection of materials and technology for new constructions in surveying
- Safety welfare and quality assurance in construction and maintenance works.
- Master transportation, highway, and hydraulics engineering technology.
In addition to the above, the Surveyor Engineer should be able to,
- prepare detailed drawings of such elements with minimum supervision in surveying project and civil engineering construction
- Carry out supervision works, and prepare progress reports surveying works.
- Maintain comprehensive records of work in progress for the consumption of the contractors, the client or structural organization.
- Carry out accurate interpretation of technical data related to engineering structures during contract negotiations.
- Survey area of storage water and waste water, solid waste schemes and distribution networks
Fees per academic year three hundred and fifty thousand francs (350 000Fcfa)
PROFILE OF STUDENTS
Candidates aspiring to under-take training for the award of the Bachelor of Technology in Geomatics Engineering and Geoinformation should be holders of the Higher National Diploma (HND) Higher Technical Diploma (HTD), BTS in Civil Engineering, Surveying, Geomatics, Design or any other recognized equivalent certificate like DIPET I. Civil Engineering or Surveying, Real Estate.
Upon completion of the training, graduates can aspire for the following responsibilities and job opportunities in both the Private Sector businesses and Profit making organizations:
- Building Construction Engineer;
- Road Construction Engineer;
- Consultant; Designer of any other construction Projects; Surveyor, etc.
LANGUAGE OF INSTRUCTION
The language of instruction is English.
Two (02) Semesters (One year)
Course Requirements: 60 Credits
Course work: 48 credits
Internship: 04 credits
Dissertation: 08 credits